Role playing can be a lot of fun for groups who know each other and used for groups to get to know each other. One fun way is to get the group to pretending to meet in different circumstances, for example, a party.
The group leader can demonstrate walking up to someone, introducing themselves, finding out the other person’s name, having a bit of chit-chat and then moving on to meet someone else. This needs to be done with enthusiasm.
Set the group off, introducing themselves to each other then change the scenarios to keep it fresh, some examples are:
- On the beach
- Olympic athletes before 100m sprint final, etc.
- The first day at a new school/job
- On an alien planet
As the group get braver you can add in details about who they and the other people are such as:
- They are aliens who don’t speak the same language
- They are friends who fell out who haven’t seen each other in a long time.
- As soon as they meet they instantly like/love each other
For more drama games go to our Drama Games and Resources page.